West Dundee, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin's golfers completed a busy weekend at the Tim Kopka Memorial Tournament, hosted by Carthage, finishing in 12th of out of 21 competing teams. The Falcons were paced by a solid showing from Andrew Otto who tied for 21st on the leaderboard.
Course: Randall Oaks Golf Club (par 71, 6,599 yards)
Team Finish: 12th of 21 (322-315 – 637)
Falcon Individuals: Andrew Otto (80-74 – 154), Sam Schlosser (82-75 – 157), Jordan Carlton (81-83 –164), Bailey Van Handel (85-83 – 168), Dylan Karvala (dnc-79), Jake Tenlen (79, dnc)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior Andrew Otto (Kewaskum, Wis.) paced the lineup with a 154 total to tie for 21st on a jam-packed leaderboard. He had a six-shot improvement from the opening round to Saturday.
- Junior Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) showed the value of his consistent play, scoring rounds of 82 and 75, which was the greatest improvement on the team from round one to round two of seven shots.
- Concordia Wisconsin was seven shots better on Saturday than its Friday round and ended with a 36 hole total of 637 (322-315).
- Freshman Jordan Carlton (Kewaskum, Wis.) had rounds of 81 and 83, while senior Bailey VanHandel (Kaukauna, Wis.) signed for a 168 (85-83). In addition, sophomore Dylan Karvala (New Berlin, Wis.) and senior Jacob Tenlen (Montreal, Wis.) each shot a 79, but golfed just one of the two rounds.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons will be back on the course on Friday and Saturday for the two-day Midwest Region Classic at Eagle Ridge Resort in Galena, Ill.
October 1, 2018 Men’s Golf competes at MSOE Invitational
September 23, 2018 Carlton takes fifth overall at WLC Fall Invitational
September 18, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (September 18, 2018)
September 15, 2018 Men's Golf represents at Midwest Region Fall Classic
September 8, 2018 Men’s Golf competes at Tim Kopka Memorial Tournament
August 31, 2018 Falcons open up season at Culver's Edgewood Fall Classic
August 28, 2018 #CUWStatsInfo: Men's Golf ready to take next step in 2018