SAUKVILLE, Wis. – Andrew Otto fired a 79 to tie for third place and Concordia Wisconsin was second as a team on Friday afternoon at the Brant & Stratton Invitational at The Bog Golf Course.
Course: The Bog Golf Course (par 72, 6,709 yards)
Falcon Finish: 2nd of 9 (329)
Falcon Individuals: Andrew Otto (79), Kyle Rebholz (81), Sam Schlosser (82), Nathan Hasenstein (87), Bailey VanHandel (90), Nick Szopinski (84), Logan Jones (90), CJ Teske (91)#, Andrej Buchko (93), Jacob Sheehan (94), Andrew Handrich (98)
# competed as an individual
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Andrew Otto (Kewaskum, Wis.) carded his second-consecutive round of 79 to tie for third.
- Concordia Wisconsin sent two teams to the tournament and its top squad placed second with a team score of 329, while the second unit shot a 361.
- Senior Kyle Rebholz (West Bend, Wis.) had an 81 to tie for eighth place, which was his highest finish of the season. Sophomore Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) fired an 82 to tie for 12th and senior Nathan Hasenstein (Sheboygan, Wis.) ended with an 87. Sophomore Bailey VanHandel (Kaukauna, Wis.) rounded out the second place squad with a 90.
- The Falcons second unit was led by senior Nick Szopinski (Beaver Dam, Wis.) finished with an 84 to tie for 16th, while sophomore Logan Jones (Plymouth, Wis.) shot a 90. Freshman Andrej Buchko (Peoria, Ill.) recorded a 93 and junior Jacob Sheehan (Elburn, Ill.) ended with a 94. Junior Andrew Handrich (Kaukauna, Wis.) shot a 98.
- Sophomore CJ Teske (Pewaukee, Wis.) competed as an individual and fired a 91.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Lake Forest won the team trophy by 10 strokes after shooting a 319.
- Maxwell Rohlinger (Bryant & Stratton) won medalist honors with a 5-over par 77.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin plays its second of three days on Saturday at the Wisconsin Lutheran Spring Invitational at Washington County Golf Course in Hartford, Wis.
April 29, 2018 Men’s Golf competes at Lake Forest Spring Invitational
April 24, 2018 Men’s Golf competes at Carthage Spring Invitational
April 22, 2018 Schlosser in 4th, Men’s Golf in 3rd at NACC Championship
April 16, 2018 Men's Golf tournaments canceled
April 4, 2018 Golf tournaments canceled because of winter weather
April 3, 2018 Otto named NACC Player of the Week
March 31, 2018 Otto wins first career event at Knox Invitational
March 25, 2018 Men’s Golf, VanHandel wins Illinois College Invitational
March 24, 2018 Golf schedules change because of weather
October 8, 2017 Schlosser leads NACC Men’s Golf Championship
September 28, 2017 Carden shoots 76, Men’s Golf competes at Elmhurst Fall Invitational
September 25, 2017 Men’s Golf competes at Wisconsin Lutheran Fall Invitational
September 24, 2017 Otto finishes t-8th, Men’s Golf places fifth at MSOE Invitational
September 16, 2017 Benjamin finishes t-10, Men’s Golf improves at Midwest Region Classic
September 14, 2017 Putting for birdies
September 9, 2017 Men’s Golf competes at Carthage Tim Kopka Memorial Tournament
September 5, 2017 Men’s Golf performs at Aurora Double Gun
September 2, 2017 Falcons compete at Edgewood Culver's Fall Classic