KENOSHA, Wis. – Bailey VanHandel led Concordia Wisconsin with a tie for 17th at the Carthage Spring Invitational, while the Falcons placed 10th overall at Kenosha Country Club on Tuesday afternoon.
Course: Kenosha Country Club (par 70, 6,530 yards)
Team Finish: 10th of 14 (319)
Falcon Individuals: Bailey VanHandel (77), Kyle Rebholz (79), Nick Szopinski (80), Logan Jones (83), CJ Teske (96)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Bailey VanHandel (Kaukauna, Wis.) playing for the third-straight day carded a 77 to tie for 17th place on the leaderboard, while Concordia Wisconsin took 10th place as a team after shooting a 319.
- Kyle Rebholz (West Bend, Wis.) was second in the lineup with a 79 to tie for 26th. His round was the second lowest score of the season for the senior.
- Senior Nick Szopinski (Beaver Dam, Wis.) competing in his first round for the program shot an 80 to tie for the 29th position, while sophomore Logan Jones (Plymouth, Wis.) had an 83. Sophomore CJ Teske (Pewaukee, Wis.) rounded out the lineup with a 96.
- Host Carthage won the tournament with a team score of 289 to win by 12 strokes.
- Jacob Krugman (Lake Forest) and Joe Vath (Carthage) tied for first place with E-par rounds of 70.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will travel to Bishops Bay Country Club in Middleton, Wis., for the Edgewood Spring Invitational on Friday.