AURORA, Ill. – Sam Schlosser sits in fourth place as an individual and Concordia Wisconsin is third after the third round of the NACC Championship on Sunday at Stonebridge Country Club.
Course: Stonebridge Country Club (par 72, 6,815 yards)
Team Standings: 3rd of 9 (324-317-321 – 962)
Falcon Individuals: Sam Schlosser (71-76-81 – 228), Nate Benjamin (86-77-76 – 239), Andrew Otto (86-80-87 – 253), Bailey VanHandel (dnc-dnc-78), Kyle Rebholz (dnc-dnc-86)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin entered the day in fourth place, but moved up one spot after shooting a 321 team score. They hadn't played a competitive round of golf since March 31 or in 22 days.
- Sophomore Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) entered in first place, but fell to fourth after shooting an 81. He was moving along nicely over the first 10 holes, with a pair of birdies and five pars. However, the righty recorded a 10 on the par 3 11th hole to set his round back. Schlosser recovered nicely though with three birdies and a par over the next seven holes. He sits in fourth place and back four shots from the top of the leaderboard.
- Freshman Nate Benjamin (Tucson, Ariz.) moved up six spots and into a tie for 10th place after carding a 4-over par 76 on Sunday. He had five birdies and four pars during his round, which included a 36 on the back nine.
- Sophomore Andrew Otto (Kewaskum, Wis.) signed for an 87 after the third round and finds himself in 24th place overall. He had five birdies and five pars.
- Sophomore Bailey VanHandel (Kaukauna, Wis.) stepped into the lineup, along with senior Kyle Rebholz (West Bend, Wis.) after not competing in the first 36 holes of the tournament during the fall. VanHandel posted a 78, with three birdies and seven pars. Rebholz sank two birdies and had six pars throughout his round.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Aurora remained in first place as a team after posting a 315 total in round three and leads by three shots over Edgewood.
- John Torres moved into sole possession of first place after shooting a 75 on Sunday. He leads Matthew Davidson and Zach Hentrich by three shots, who are tied for second on the leaderboard.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin finishes the 72-hole NACC Championship on Monday with its first tee time set for 9:10 am.