GALESBURG, Ill. – Andrew Otto won his first career tournament on Saturday after earning medalist honors at the Knox Invitational at Soangetaha Country Club.
Course: Soangetaha Country Club (par 72)
Team Leaderboard: t8th of 18 (310-325 – 635)
Falcon Individuals: Andrew Otto (73-77 – 150), Sam Schlosser (78-80 – 158), Nate Benjamin (76-85 – 161), Bailey VanHandel (83-83 – 166), Dylan Karvala (83-95 – 178)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Andrew Otto (Kewaskum, Wis.) began the tournament with a 1-over par 73 before carding a 77 for a 150 total, which was a stroke better than two other golfers. It was his first career first-place finish.
- Concordia Wisconsin ended in a tie for eighth place after shooting a 310-325 – 635 total. Its 310 total in the opening round is the second lowest score this season.
- Sophomore Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) carded a 78-80 – 158 total to tie for 26th, while freshman Nate Benjamin (Tucson, Ariz.) had a 76-85 – 161 for a tie for 46th on the leaderboard.
- Sophomore Bailey VanHandel (Kaukauna, Wis.) ended with a pair of 83s for a 166 total and freshman Dylan Karvala (New Berlin, Wis.) rounded out the lineup with an 83-95 – 178 total.
- The Falcons lineup featured three sophomores and two freshmen.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns to the course on Friday for the two-day Benedictine Quad event at Arrowhead Golf Course in Wheaton, Ill.