BRISTOL, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin had several golfers perform well during the difficult 36-hole one-day Aurora Double Gun event on Tuesday at Blackberry Oaks Golf Course.
Course: Blackberry Oaks Golf Course (par 72, 6,639 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 19th of 20 (353-336 – 689)
Falcon Individuals: Evan Carden (86-85 – 171), CJ Teske (86-85 – 171), Bailey VanHandel (92-80 – 172), Jonah McGinnis (89-86 – 175), Andrew Handrich (93-112 – 205)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Freshman Evan Carden (Plainfield, Ill.) and sophomore CJ Teske (Pewaukee, Wis.) paced the Falcons lineup with identical 171 totals, after both shot 86-85 scores, to tie for 78th on the leaderboard at the difficult tournament.
- Concordia Wisconsin took 19th after finishing with a 689 total, which included a 17-shot improvement from the morning round to the afternoon 18 holes.
- Sophomore Bailey VanHandel (Kaukauna, Wis.) turned it on during the second round and improved 12 strokes to finish with a 172 total (92-80).
- Freshman Jonah McGinnis (Maywood, Ill.) had an 89-86 (175) day in his first collegiate tournament, while junior Andrew Handrich (Kaukauna, Wis.) rounded out the lineup with a 205 total (93-112).
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Carden sank a pair of birdie putts during his rounds and 15 pars, including a stretch of five-consecutive on the front nine of his first round.
- Teske drained two birdies and made a team-high 16 pars. He shot a 1-over 37 on the front nine to begin his day. Teske's round of 85 was a career low.
- VanHandel had one birdie and 14 pars, including 10 during his round of 80 in the afternoon. His afternoon round set a new career low.
- McGinnis had two birdies and 11 pars, while Handrich made one birdie and six pars.
- Hope blistered the field with a 10-under par 36-hole total of 566 (286-280) to win by 25 strokes.
- Josh Gibson (Hope) won individual medalist honors with a 4-under 140 total (72-68) to edge Alex Sierra (Augustana) by a shot.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons travel to West Dundee, Ill., for the two-day 36-hole Carthage Tim Koepka Memorial Tournament at Randall Oaks Country Club.