AURORA, Ill. – Bill Jones shot an 82 on Sunday and finds himself in fourth place after 36 holes of play at the NACC Championship, while Concordia Wisconsin sits in fourth place after shooting a 316 at Stonebridge Country Club.
Course: Stonebridge Country Club (par 72, 6,815 yards)
Team Leaderboard: Concordia Wisconsin 4th of 9 (336-307-316 – 959)
Falcon Individuals: Bill Jones (80-72-82 – 234), Sam Schlosser (83-76-82 – 241), Jacob Tenlen (89-78-84 – 251), Jake Lipski (95-rep-80), Andrew Otto (93-81-72 – 246)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Bill Jones (New Holstein, Wis.) entered the second half of the NACC Championship in a tie for first place, but after carding a 10-over 82 on Sunday afternoon he dropped to fourth place overall on the leaderboard with a 234 total (80-72-82).
- Concordia Wisconsin was in a tie for third position entering the day, but now sits in fourth place after shooting a 316 total. The Falcons have a 959 three-round total (336-307-316) and are eight shots back of first place Wisconsin Lutheran.
- Freshman Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) also shot an 82 and is in a tie for 12th place with a 241 total (83-76-82). The top-10 on the leaderboard after the tournament will be named All-NACC.
- Sophomore Jacob Tenlen (Montreal, Wis.) is in a tie for 27th after carding an 84 and now has a 251 total (89-78-84).
- Sophomore Jake Lipski (New Berlin, Wis.) re-entered the lineup and fired an 80. He also had a 95 during the first round
- Freshman Andrew Otto (Kewaskum, Wis.) signed for the lowest round of the day – an E-par 72 – and sits in a tie for 23rd place. The rookie had rounds of 93-81 as a Lakeland golfer in the fall before transferring to Concordia Wisconsin.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Otto's 72 was tied for the fifth lowest round in program history.
- Wisconsin Lutheran owns the top spot after shooting a 308 to bring its total to 951 (330-313-308). The Warriors are one of five schools to improve each round.
- Zach Hentrich (Edgewood) is the individual leader by five strokes after shooting a 2-over par 74 on Sunday. He is 13-over par for the tournament and is three strokes ahead of Connor Clark (Lakeland).
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will complete the 72-hole NACC Championship on Monday and tees off a 8:30 am.