Galesburg, Ill. - The Falcons finished the two-round, 36-hole Knox Invitational on Saturday. Concordia Wisconsin placed 13th out of 19 teams and were led by Andrew Otto's tie for 30th.
Course: Soangetaha Country Club (par 72, 6,551 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 13th of 19 (333-331 = 664)
Falcon Individuals: Andrew Otto (82-76 = 158), Kyle Rebholz (81-79 = 160), Nathan Hasenstein (81-90 = 171), Jacob Sheehan (89-86 = 175), Ryan Senkbeil (96-94 = 190)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin improved two shots from its opening round of 333 with a 331 team score and a 664 total at Soangetaha Country Club to place 13th overall.
- Otto (freshman, Kewaskum, Wis.) finished as the top golfer for the Falcons by posting an 82 on day one and a 76 on day two. Otto cut six strokes to finish with a total of 158 to place tied for 30th.
- Junior Kyle Rebholz (West Bend, Wis.) followed by carding the second lowest score for the Falcons. Rebholz shot a tournament total of 160 (81-79) placing him tied for 38th.
- Junior Nathan Hasenstein (Sheboygan, Wis.) shot a season-low 81 in the opening round of play.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Illinois Central College (ICC) won the Knox Invitational by scoring 595 (299-296). ICC was the only team to have both two-day team scores under 300.
- St. Francis' Huston Gass took home medalist honors, as he scored a winning 142 (71-71) collectively over the span of 36 holes. Gass's score was good enough for 2-under par.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
The Falcons will travel to Cedar Rapids, Iowa to participate in the Kirswood Community College Classic at Hunters Ridge Golf Club.