GREEN LAKE, Wis. – Evan Rabas remains in the top 10 as an individual, while Concordia University Wisconsin sits in eighth place after the first half of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Championship, which was played at Lawsonia Golf Course.
Course: Lawsonia Golf Course (par 72, 6,853 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 8th/10 (340-331 = 671)
Falcon Individual Results: Evan Rabas 75-83 (158), Chris Payne 83-80 (163), Bill Jones 90-83 (173), Jason Meyer 92-87 (179), Kyle Rebholz 95-85 (180)
Tournament: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Championship
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons were unable to move up the leaderboard and remained in eighth place after shooting nine shots better for a 671 total (340-331).
- Junior Evan Rabas (Sherwood, Wis.) fell eight spots on the leaderboard after shooting an 83 to find himself in a tie for 10th place. He has a 158 total after shooting a season-low 75 during the opening round.
- Senior Chris Payne (Waukesha, Wis.) moved up eight spots after improving three strokes with an 80 to sit in a tie for 19th. He has a 163 total after signing for an 83 on Saturday.
- Junior Bill Jones (New Holstein, Wis.) improved seven strokes after firing an 80 and is in a tie for 35th. He owns a 173 total after a 90 during the first 18 holes of play.
- Senior Jason Meyer (Dunlap, Ill.) rose three spots on the leaderboard after shooting an 87 to put himself in a tie for 39th. He has a 179 total (92-87).
- Sophomore Kyle Rebholz (West Bend, Wis.) climbed four spots and finds himself in a tie for 41st after improving seven strokes with an 85. He carded a 95 during the first round for a 180 total.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
Overall, Edgewood holds a two-stroke advantage after shooting a 619 total (309-310), while Wisconsin Lutheran is in second place with a 621 total (316-305).
- Nathan Gilbert (Edgewood) shot a 1-under par 71 to move up eight spots into a tie for first place with Jacob Mortell (Wisconsin Lutheran). Both golfers have a 149 total.
- Aurora took the biggest jump on the leaderboard as a team, moving up three spots, after carding a 315. The individual leader who climbed the most was Lucas Lengwin (Aurora) who moved up 12 spots into 17th position after signing for a 77 on Sunday.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons will compete in the spring, with the only scheduled event being the final two rounds of the NACC Championship on April 24-25 at Stonebridge Country Club in Aurora, Ill.