RIVER FOREST, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin opened NACC conference play Saturday against the Dominican Stars. After an even first half, the Falcons pulled away in the second half for a commanding win over the Dominican University Stars.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 87, Dominican 60
Location: River Forest, Ill.
Records: Concordia Wisconsin (1-2), Dominican (2-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons went into halftime on top by two points (38-36) before dominating the second half tallying 49 points to the Stars' 24 with a 29-7 run early in the half. The push was led by junior Joey Zietlow (Oak Creek, Wis.) with 17 points and sophomore Jared Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) with 16.
-Junior Jordan Johnson (Cedarburg, Wis.) led the team with a game-high 12 rebounds out of the Falcon's 44. The Falcons had two layers with double-doubles in the game. Johnson finished the game with 15 points and 12 rebounds, while Joey Zietlow finished with 16 and 10.
- Concordia Wisconsin dominated down low scoring 50 of their 87 points in the paint. They also capitalized on turnovers scoring 23 points off of their 16 takeaways from the Stars. Zietlow led the falcons with four steals followed by Senior Braden Persinger (Reedsville, Wis.) with two steals.
- Dominican's KJ Redfield led the game with four fouls. The Falcons used the multitude of Dominican fouls (17) to their advantage shooting 20 free throws hitting 14.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons broke the game open early in the second half with a 29-7 run. The Falcons capitalized on the Stars' errors scoring 23 points off 16 turnovers. Concordia Wisconsin used the free throw line to their advantage hitting 14-20 from the line to Dominican's 6-9.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin continues its NACC conference play Wednesday when they travel to the Wisconsin Lutheran Warriors at 6 pm.