DUBUQUE, Iowa -- Concordia Wisconsin led by a point with 14-plus minutes to play on Saturday night, but Loras put together a strong 26-5 scoring run to take over and eventually win 85-65 at the Loras Tip-Off Classic.
Final Score: Loras 85, Concordia Wisconsin 65
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Records: Loras 3-0, Concordia Wisconsin 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons held a 43-42 advantage with 14:41 to play in the game, before the Duhawks took over with a 26-5 scoring run over a six-minute and 15-second span in the second half. During the run, the visitors were 1-of-5 from the field and turned the ball over five times, while the hosts were 10-of-12 from the floor (two 3-pointers).
- Up until the scoring run it was close and there were 11 lead changes and four scoring ties in the non-conference contest. Concordia Wisconsin would shoot 40.6 percent, compared to Loras' 46.5 percent (56.3 percent in the second half).
- Junior Jordan Johnson (Cedarburg, Wis.) scored a team-high 24 points on 10-of-15 shooting, hauled in seven rebounds and blocked two shots. Sophomore Brandon Keller (Plymouth, Wis.) scored 12 points, grabbed nine rebounds and blocked two shots in 24-plus minutes of action.
- Junior Joey Zietlow (Oak Creek, Wis.) had nine points, six rebounds and two rejections during his nearly 21 minutes of action.
- Loras was led by Rowan McGowen who had a game-high 25 points.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons recorded eight blocks in the game, with three players swatting a pair of shot attempts.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin begins NACC play on November 23 with a road game at Dominican. Tipoff is scheduled for 2 pm.
December 7, 2019 Falcons fly past Eagles in second half
December 4, 2019 Keller shines in close victory
November 27, 2019 Falcons can't slow down Warriors
November 26, 2019 Jared Jurss named NACC Student-Athlete of the Week
November 23, 2019 Falcons down Dominican in NACC opener
November 16, 2019 Men's Basketball drops game at Loras
November 15, 2019 Falcons fall in season-opener to UW-Lacrosse
November 5, 2019 Falcons put up valiant effort in exhibition at Milwaukee
November 4, 2019 Season preview: Men's Basketball prepared to defend title
October 24, 2019 Men's Basketball picked fifth in NACC Preseason Poll