MILWAUKEE, Wis. – MSOE shot over 50 percent and limited Concordia Wisconsin's opportunities all night during an 85-68 decision on Thursday night inside the Kern Center.
Final Score: MSOE 85, Concordia Wisconsin 68
Location: Kern Center (Milwaukee, Wis.)
Records: MSOE 18-2, 13-2 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 13-6, 11-3 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It was a battle for the first five minutes with the scoreboard knotted at 10-10, before MSOE went on a 20-9 scoring run to take control. Concordia Wisconsin would get within six twice before halftime, but the hosts increased their lead to double-figures in the second half and never look back.
- The Falcons shot a decent 39.7 percent, but were limited to just 28 rebounds (five offensive). They also couldn't get it going from downtown, making just 6-of-23 attempts (26.1 percent).
- Sophomores Jordan Johnson (Cedarburg, Wis.) and Joey Zietlow (Oak Creek, Wis.) each had 16 points. Zietlow's scoring was a career-high, while he also had five rebounds, three assists and three steals.
- Seniors Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) and Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) each ended with 10 points.
- Bailey McDaniel netted a game-high 18 points off the bench for MSOE. Travis Ballard scored 16 points, while Jason Palesse had 10 points, seven assists and four steals.
- Concordia Wisconsin shot 14 free throws, compared to MSOE's 30.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Lakeland on Saturday at 4:15 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House as the second game of a NACC doubleheader.