ANN ARBOR, Mich. – The CUW men's basketball program earned its fourth Concordia Invitational Tournament title on Saturday evening with an 84-62 victory over Concordia Ann Arbor. The title is the first for CUW since 2013.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 84, Concordia Ann Arbor 62
Location: Cardinal Fieldhouse (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 13-5, Concordia Ann Arbor 6-19
QUOTING HEAD COACH SHAWN CASSIDY
How It Happened
- The Falcons shot well on Saturday, shooting 60.0 percent from the field and 50.0 percent from behind the three-point line.
- CUW had four players reach double-digit points. Sophomore Jordan Johnson (Cedarburg, Wis.) led CUW with 24 points, while senior Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) added 21 points, sophomore Joey Zietlow (Oak Creek, Wis.) had 13 points and senior Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) had 10.
- The Falcons held a 36-30 rebounding advantage against the Cardinals. Jordan Johnson led all players with nine rebounds.
Beyond the Box Score
- The Falcons have claimed CIT titles in 2008, 2010, 2013 and 2019.
- Jake Jurss and Jordan Johnson were named to the All-Tournament Team, with Johnson claiming the Most Valuable Player honor.
- The Falcons will travel to MSOE on Tuesday.