MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin battled their way to a ninth North Athletics Collegiate Conference victory against the Concordia Chicago Cougars, which was powered by a late offensive run that sealed the win.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 88, Concordia Chicago 78
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 9-4 (9-1 NACC); Concordia Chicago 3-10 (3-7 NACC)
QUOTING ANDREW FRATZKE
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Cougars were within striking distance with just over three minutes remaining, as the Falcons held a 78-70 lead. The eight-point difference didn't last long, as Concordia Wisconsin went on a 12-4 run to close out the game and capture the 88-78 victory. The run saw CUW strictly get points from the free throw line and the Falcons did just enough to shut the door on the Cougars.
- Concordia Wisconsin had an excellent first half, as they went 21-34 from the floor, which is good enough for 61.8 percent from the floor. Unfortunately, CUW was not able to create much separation from CUC, as Concordia Chicago converted on 55.2 percent of their shots. Both teams traded baskets and the Cougars only trailed by nine points, with the Falcons leading 49-40 at the intermission.
- Senior Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) had a huge first half for Concordia Wisconsin, as he led the Falcons with 15 points on 6-of-8 from the field. Jurss was able to find open layups on beautiful back door cuts. Jurss would finish the night with 17 points and three steals. Senior Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) had a team-high 22 points and corralled five rebounds. CUW had 22 points off turnovers and 19 points off the bench to fuel them to victory.
- CUC had two players go over 20 points, as Landen Gladney and Mitch Pelissier both netted 23 points, while Jalen Meeks chipped in 14 points. Meeks also had a team high four steals and Gladney led the team with eight rebounds.
- Concordia Wisconsin will have a few days off until they host Aurora on Saturday with tipoff scheduled for 4:15 pm.