River Forest, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin captures another Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference victory against the Dominican Stars behind hot shooting, that fueled the Falcons to a 92-52 victory.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 92, Dominican 52
Location: Igini Sports Forum (River Forest, Ill.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 8-4 (8-1 NACC); Dominican 2-11 (2-6 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- CUW had a blazing field goal percentage, as they seemed on fire from the field during the contest. Concordia Wisconsin went 31-of-55 from the field and 10-of-19 from behind the arc. The NACC leaders hit five of their first seven shots and jumped out to a 14-4 lead and the Falcons never looked back from there, especially in the second half, as they hit 64 percent from the field in the final 20 minutes.
- The production from the CUW bench also helped the visitors stay out in front, as sophomore Joey Zietlow (Oak Creek, Wis.) and freshman Brandon Keller (Plymouth, Wis.) both scored 11 points. Zietlow went 4-of-6 from the field in his 19 minutes of play.
- Defense was key to the victory on the night for Concordia Wisconsin. Dominican was held to 32.3 percent from the field and more impressively 15.4 percent from deep. The Stars committed 17 turnovers, while the Falcons had 11 steals.
- CUW was led by senior Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.), who had 21 points on the night and five of the first 10 points in the opening minutes of play. Senior Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) had 10 points on the night to go along with four assists. Junior Isaiah Tenette (Sacramento, Calif.) led the team with five helpers.
- The Stars' Dennis Hardy and Taj Adams were tied for the team lead in points with nine apiece. Connor Dartt had a team-high six rebounds for Dominican.
- Concordia Wisconsin will be back on the court in just two days, as they will faceoff against Concordia Chicago inside the R. John Buuck Field House with tipoff scheduled for 7:00 pm.