MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin witnessed program history on the night, as Josh Hau joined the 1,000 career point club during an 81-61 victory over the Marian Sabres.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 81, Marian 61
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records:Concordia Wisconsin 7-4 (7-1 NACC); Marian 4-9 (2-6)
QUOTING JOSH HAU
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) shouldered the pressure of being 13 points away from becoming the 17th player in program history to achieve 1,000 career points. Hau started off on fire, as he hit three 3-pointers in four possessions. The senior then hit a cold spell and was forced to the bench when he committed two offensive fouls. The pressure mounted, but the senior got back on the floor and sunk another 3-pointer and got within one point of the mark. Hau finally passed the career mark when he drove down the lane and used his right hand to flip the ball over his shoulder while making contact with a defender, and drawing the foul the ball rattled home and the Slinger, Wisconsin native passed the 1,000 career mark.
- The Falcons got back to their offensive ways, as they hit on 50.8 percent from the field and 50 percent from behind the arch. Concordia Wisconsin turned it on in the second half when they hit 56.3 percent from the field in the second half alone.
- A big scoring run in the final 20 minutes that started at the 15:22 mark, when senior Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) had a momentum building dunk that energized a 16-2 scoring run, which created distance between them and the opponents. This scoring run helped the Falcons to an 81-61 victory and their seventh Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference win. CUW had four starters with 10 or more points and got a spark from junior Olalekan George (Milwaukee, Wis.) who netted 13 points from off the bench.
- Marian had two starters with 10 points, as Tyrese Pinson and Tavaris McCullough both tied for the team lead in points. McCullough hauled in six rebounds and Pinson dished out five assists.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Fratzke had career night himself, as the senior had three blocked shots which tied him for the most blocks in program history. The Winona native also grabbed six defensive rebounds that gave him the program record for the most defensive rebounds in a career.
- Concordia Wisconsin will be back on the hardwood on Monday when they travel to play Dominican with tipoff scheduled for 7:00 pm.