Oshkosh, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin traveled to the Menominee Nation Arena to take on the No. 6 ranked Oshkosh Titans in a non-conference matchup. The Titans' balanced scoring attack proved to be too much for the Falcons, handing them a 90-68 loss.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 68, No. 6 UW-Oshkosh 90
Location: Menominee Nation Arena (Oshkosh, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin (5-4); No. 6 UW-Oshkosh (10-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Titans controlled most of the game by rallying around their ability to score from every position. UW-Oshkosh had all five starters score over 10 plus points on the night. The Titans took turns finding gaps in the Falcon defense and driving to the lane for a bucket. Jack Flynn and Ben Boots tied for the team high in points, with 17 each.
- The hosts capitalized on their strong first half defensive effort by building a 40-22 lead heading into halftime. Concordia Wisconsin was held to 25.8 percent from the field, while missing 14 of it first 18 shots. Meanwhile, the Titans had a productive first half offensively, by recording 48.4 percent from the field and converting on, 7-8 from the free throw line.
- CUW did bounce back nicely in the second half, as the Falcons got back to their usual ways hitting, 17-32 from the field and cashing in at the charity stripe by sinking 10 free throws and 46 total second half points. Sophomore Jordan Johnson (Cedarburg, Wis.) netted a team high 18 points on the night and recorded seven rebounds and four assists. Johnson was followed by senior Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) who chipped in 13 points.
- UW-Oshkosh was able to win the battle in the paint by scoring 34 points in the lane compared to the Falcons 32. The Titans also outrebounded Concordia Wisconsin, 48-27. There were two lead changes and one tie in the contest.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Senior Josh Hau netted five points and is only 43 points away from becoming the 17th player in program history to reach 1,000 career points.
- Concordia Wisconsin will be back at home for a matchup with Edgewood with tipoff scheduled for 7:00 pm.