Mequon, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin and Illinois Tech both came into the game looking for a conference victory, but unfortunately for the Falcons the opposition had Anthony Mosley Jr, as the Hawks rallied behind his 32 points to capture the road victory inside the R. John Buuck field house.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 61, Illinois Tech 71
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 5-3 (5-1 NACC); Illinois Tech 5-5 (3-3 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Mosley Jr. seemed to be in the zone for the Hawks, as he drove into the lane on multiple occasions, while twisting his body in midair to find just enough room to lay it up and in, on his way to shoulder the scoring load for Illinois Tech on the night. Concordia Wisconsin seemed to be weathering the storm from the Senior guard, but a jump shot from the elbow by Jake Digiorgio and on the following possession and a deep 3-pointer by Mosley Jr gave the Hawks a 53-49 lead with 11:01 remaining in the contest.
- Concordia Wisconsin tried to find some sort of momentum after the quick lead change but again Mosley Jr. put a halt to that, as he drove in the lane and rose up over the defender to slam home an emphatic dunk that would not allow the Falcons to get back within three points for the rest of the game and capture the 71-61 victory.
- CUW had control of the game from the last five minutes of the first half, as sophomore Jordan Johnson (Cedarburg, Wis.) had two nice layups underneath the basket to give the Falcons a 32-29 lead with 5:04 remaining in the first half. The following possession swung the momentum into the hosts direction even more, as junior Olelekan George (Milwaukee, Wis.) got the lead pass from junior Isaiah Tenette (Sacramento, Calif.) and skied over the defender for a sweet jam that gave Concordia Wisconsin the five-point, 34-29 lead, and CUW would not allow another point to go into halftime with a 40-29 lead.
- The Falcons had three starters score in double digits, as senior Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) scored a team-high 12 points, and senior Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) netted 10 points and Johnson chipped in another 11 points. Concordia Wisconsin was held to a season low 38.1 percent from the field and scored 23 points off turnovers.
- CUW will be in action next on Sunday, December 30th when they travel to UW-Oshkosh to take on the Titans with tipoff scheduled for 2:00 pm.