Mequon, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin came away with their second NACC victory of the season, after a 93-78 win against Wisconsin Lutheran in the first contest inside the R. John Buuck Field House for the year.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 93, Wisconsin Lutheran 78
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 2-2 (2-0 NACC); Wisconsin Lutheran 3-3 (1-1 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After spending the first month on the road, the Falcons got the chance to play in front of their home crowd for the first time and CUW did not disappoint. The offense exploded for 93 points by shooting 58.6 percent from the field. The three-point line was also kind to the Falcons, as a 47.4 percent from behind the arch helped the host pull ahead in the first half, as they sunk seven threes.
- The first half had Concordia Wisconsin leading with four points by the score 42-38 after an exciting back and forth, where the two teams traded buckets within the first five minutes of the game. The Falcons were able to stay hot after the Warriors cooled off and found themselves with a 22-10 lead after an excellent back door pass from senior Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) to fellow senior Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) who followed it with a layup off the glass to give first half momentum to CUW.
- Concordia Wisconsin did get the lead back to over 10 points with 13:11 remaining in the second half, as the score sat at 58-47. CUW closed out the game with excellent defense by forcing multiple turnovers and converting on opportunities on the offensive end, bringing the score to 93-78 and securing their second NACC victory.
- Excellent shooting from Concordia Wisconsin forced Wisconsin Lutheran into catchup for most of the game, as the lead was capture by CUW with 15:50 remaining in the first half and they held the lead for the rest of the contest. WLC converted on 39.4 percent from the field and had 16 turnovers, while CUW scored 48 points in the paint and getting 21 points from off the bench.
- Jurss lead the team with 22 points on 5-9 shooting from three-point land. Fratzke followed up with 21 points on 9-11 shooting. Senior Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) tallied 18 points and went 7-9 from the free throw line. Concordia Wisconsin had 23 assists on the day while grabbing 29 total rebounds.
BEYOUND THE BOX SCORE
- This is the first time that the Falcons have score a total of 90 points in back-to-back games since last season when they scored 99 points against Concordia Chicago and 99 points against Lakeland on February 17th and 20th.
- The Falcons will go back on to road to face off against Aurora with tipoff scheduled for 7:00 pm.