MILWAUKEE, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin played well and led by a point at halftime against NCAA Division I opponent Milwaukee, but when the final horn sounded the Panthers took an 82-71 exhibition game over the Falcons indie the Klotsche Center.
Final Score: Milwaukee 82, Concordia Wisconsin 71
Location: Klotsche Center (Milwaukee, Wis.)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin jumped out a 10-5 lead just over five minutes into the game behind five points from senior Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) and a triple from senior Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.). The Falcons would maintain a lead for the majority of the first half before owning a 37-36 advantage at the break.
- Milwaukee exited the locker room after the intermission with an 11-2 scoring run to take control. The hosts would a double-digit advantage over the last nine-plus minutes of the game.
- Sophomore Jordan Johnson (Cedarburg, Wis.) had a game-high 20 points on 6-of-15 shooting, including four 3-pointers and three assists. Jurss added 17 points (three 3-pointers), while Hau and sophomore Joey Zietlow (Oak Creek, Wis.) each had nine points.
- Freshman Jared Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) led all players with seven assists and committed just one turnover.
- Darius Roy had a team-high 18 points for the Panthers and DeAndre Abram recorded 17 points, eight rebounds, four blocks and two assists. Bryce Barnes also scored 13 points for Milwaukee.
- Concordia Wisconsin led for 13 minutes in the game and had a nine-point scoring run in the first half.
- The Falcons shot 36.6 percent from the floor and 35.5 percent from deep. They also had eight steals in the contest.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin begins its season with the Gabe Miller Tipoff Classic against UW-Platteville and at UW-Whitewater on November 16-17.