RIVER FOREST, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin needed a victory to secure the fifth seed in the NACC Tournament and did just that with a 99-76 win at Concordia Chicago on Saturday afternoon inside Geiseman Gymnasium.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 99, Concordia Chicago 76
Location: Geiseman Gymnasium (River Forest, Ill.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 14-11, 12-8 NACC; Concordia Chicago 2-23, 1-19 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons entered with a spot in the NACC Tournament secured and needed a win to lock in the fifth seed. They exploded for 55 points in the first half, en route to an 18-point lead at the intermission.
- Concordia Wisconsin didn't slow down in the second half, pushing the advantage to 20-plus points for the final 11 minutes of the matchup. They shot 48.6 percent for the game and drained 13 triples.
- Junior Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) led all players with 18 points, while freshman Jordan Johnson (Cedarburg, Wis.) recorded his third double-double in the last five games with 15 points and 10 rebounds, to go along with four assists and two steals.
- Junior Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) had 12 points and six rebounds. Junior Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) ended with 11 points, three rebounds and six assists, while junior Noah Gosse (Green Bay, Wis.) tallied 10 points off the bench in 11 minutes.
- Sophomore Olalekan George (Milwaukee, Wis.) finished with six points and five rebounds as a reserve.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons have scored 99 points in both games against the Cougars this season. Their 55 points are tied for the most scored in a half this season (55 in the second half at Wisconsin Lutheran, January 20).
- Concordia Wisconsin dominated the glass, holding a 52-33 advantage and pulled down 14 offensive rebounds that were converted into 10 second-chance points.
- Mitch Pellissier led the Cougars with 14 points, to go along with four rebounds and five assists. Sawyer Concklin added 13 points off the bench and Sheldon Moore scored 12 points and stole two passes.
- Justin Mack had 11 points and eight rebounds, while Jonathan Wilson recorded six points, eight rebounds and two blocks.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin, as the No. 5 seed, travels to Lakeland, the No. 4 seed, for a NACC Tournamentfirst-roundd game on Tuesday at 7 pm.