MEQUON, Wis. – Benedictine's Bayden Olson scored 12-consecutive points over the final one minute and 27 seconds to help the visitors hold off any chance of a Concordia Wisconsin upset during an 83-75 contest on Tuesday night inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: Benedictine 83, Concordia Wisconsin 75
Location: R. John Buuck Field House
Records: Benedictine 15-7, 14-3 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 11-11, 9-8 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons needed one crucial defensive stop and a bucket on the ensuing offensive possession, but just couldn't make it happen in the closing minutes. Following a pair of Josh Hau free throws and the hosts trailing by just three points, Olson knocked down a critical 24-foot 3-pointer to boost the Eagles confidence.
- Concordia Wisconsin turned the ball over on its next possession and Olson drained two free throws to push Benedictine's lead to eight points with 31 seconds remaining.
- Hau (junior, Slinger, Wis.) had himself a career game, with 30 points on 11-of-17 shooting (7-of-8 free throws) in 25 minutes of action.
- Freshman Jordan Johnson (Cedarburg, Wis.) and sophomore Olalekan George (Milwaukee, Wis.) scored 11 and 10 points, respectively. Junior Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) added eight points, six rebounds, two assists and two blocks.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- George ended with a career-high five steals, while senior Josh Erickson (Manitowoc, Wis.) had a career-high-tying three steals.
- Concordia Wisconsin recorded 15 steals and forced 19 turnovers, of which they converted into 23 points. They also had 50 points in the paint, compared to Benedictine's 28.
- The Eagles ended with a 39-26 rebounding advantage and grabbed 10 offensive boards. They also led for nearly 36 minutes in the contest.
- Olson scored a team-high 25 points (10-of-10 free throws), but was 6-of-19 for the game and 3-of-11 from downtown, to go along with six assists. Kenny Bogus had the game's only double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
- Jens Soderholm scored 18 points and grabbed seven rebounds off the bench for the Eagles.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Dominican for the first part of a NACC doubleheader on Saturday at 2 pm.