MADISON, Wis. – Josh Hau poured in a career-high-tying 30 points on Thursday to propel Concordia Wisconsin to a 72-65 victory at Edgewood in NACC play to snap a three-game losing streak.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 72, Edgewood 65
Location: Edgedome (Madison, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 7-8, 5-5 NACC; Edgewood 6-9, 6-4 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin overpowered Edgewood in the opening half, outscoring the hosts 35-18, which included making 11-of-12 free throws. Junior Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) did a good chuck of his damage by netting 16 points.
- The Falcons outflew the Eagles in the second half to snap a three-game losing streak, with the last two being in league play. One of the many reasons the visitors pulled out a victory was their ability to stay calm at the free throw line and make 20-of-25 (80 percent) in the game.
- Hau tied his career-high of 30 points set nearly a year ago on 11-of-18 shooting (including three 3-pointers), to go along with five rebounds and three assists.
- Junior Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) added 18 points (four 3-pointers), while junior Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) posted five points and seven rebounds. Freshman Jordan Johnson (Cedarburg, Wis.) hauled in a team-high eight rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons committed just five turnovers in the first 20 minutes of action.
- Edgewood dominated the paint by scoring 40 points compared to Concordia Wisconsin's 18.
- Travis Kell led the Eagles with 28 points on 13-of-17 shooting, while Jake Negus added 13 points and five assists.
- Emll Radisevic hauled in a game-high nine rebounds.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Lakeland at 2 pm on Saturday in the R. John Buuck Field House in the first game of a NACC doubleheader.