MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin led for a brief stretch in the second half and was never able to put together a much-needed scoring run to overcome Wisconsin Lutheran during an 80-74 loss in NACC play inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 80, Concordia Wisconsin 74
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Wisconsin Lutheran 2-9, 2-5 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 6-7, 4-4 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin led for just two minutes and 42 seconds in the game and was ahead by four points with 12 minutes to play. Its offense was stagnant at times and was never able to put together a scoring run to overcome a slim single-digit lead Wisconsin Lutheran held the rest of the way.
- The Warriors were tough defensively, altering Falcon shot attempts around the arc and near the bucket, while grabbing key rebounds down the stretch. Concordia Wisconsin won the battle in most of the specialty statistical categories, but couldn't slow down the visitor's dynamic duo of Collin Kennedy and Chase Nowak who posed problems and combined for 46 points.
- Freshman Jordan Johnson (Cedarburg, Wis.) paced the Falcons offense with 21 points. Junior Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) scored 13 points, grabbed seven rebounds, dished out three assists and stole two passes.
- Junior Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) added 12 points and sophomore Dan Fronek (Wausau, Wis.) tallied 11 points.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons outscored the Warriors 42-30 in the paint and their bench produced 28 points.
- The loss snapped a three-game home winning streak for the Falcons. They are now 3-2 at home with seven more games to play inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
- Collin Kennedy led all players with 26 points (9-of-20 shooting) and 13 rebounds, while Chase Nowak added 20 points on 8-of-21 from the floor.
- Christian Kennedy scored 12 points off the bench.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will have a week off before traveling to Benedictine next Tuesday for a 7 pm NACC game.