MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin is prepared to extend its three-game NACC winning streak on Wednesday at 7 pm when it hosts Wisconsin Lutheran inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
|When||Wednesday, January 3 | 7:00 pm|
|Where||R. John Buuck Field House | Mequon, Wis.|
|Falcons||Roster | Schedule | Stats | Coaches|
|Warriors||Roster | Schedule | Stats | Coaches|
• ULRICH DIRECTING: Since Matt Ulrich was inserted into the starting lineup five games ago, the Falcons have gone 4-1 during that stretch. Specifically, he has dished out 15 assists compared to just three turnovers. The guard also shot 53.3 percent and stole eight passes during those contests.
• THIEVERY: Concordia Wisconsin is at its best when stealing the opposition's passes, compiling a 5-0 record when ending with more steals in a game. More so, four different Falcons have stolen three passes in a game, including Jake Jurss who has done it twice.
• NICE STREAK: After starting the season 1-4, the Falcons responded with a 5-2 record during the month of December. During the last month they held opponents to under 70 points four times (all victories) and shot 47.9 percent overall in those seven games. In all, eight Falcons who play 10+ minutes each shot over 45 percent.
• ON PACE FOR RECORDS?: Before reading too much into this, understand not half of the season has been played yet, but Concordia Wisconsin is on pace to set two single-season records (NCAA-era). They are making 47.7 percent of their shots and draining 78.4 percent at the charity stripe.
• SCOUTING WISCONSIN LUTHERAN: The Warriors have struggled this season, winning just one game entering Wednesday's matchup. They are near the bottom of the NACC in scoring, defensive rebounds and opponent 3-point field goals per game. On a positive note, Collin Kennedy and Chase Nowak have posed problems for NACC opponents, averaging 27.2 and 21.7 points per game, which ranks first and third, respectively, in league-only games this season