MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin is prepared to put a check in the win column on Saturday against Edgewood in a NACC matchup at 4:15 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
|When||Saturday, December 2 | 4:15 pm|
|Where||R. John Buuck Field House | Mequon, Wis.|
|Falcons||Roster | Stats | Schedule | Coaches|
|Eagles||Roster | Stats | Schedule | Coaches|
• HAU CAN HANDLE IT: Josh Hau has shown through five games this season he can handle the offensive scoring load. The junior has led the team in scoring three of the five games this season and is averaging 16.4 points per game. Hau has also made 85.7 percent (18-of-21) at the free throw line to begin the season.
• NEED TO GET BACK ON TRACK: Concordia Wisconsin has struggled to start the season, losing back-to-back games twice, with a victory in the middle. The Falcons have shot the ball well (47.5 percent from the field, 83.8 percent from the line), but have had difficulties stopping the opposition (82.0 points per game allowed).
• JOHNSON'S COMING OUT PARTY: Freshman Jordan Johnson came alive on Tuesday with a season-high 16 points on 4-of-8 shooting (7-of-9 free throws). The rookie had touched nine points twice in previous games, before finally scoring in double-figures.
• RECENT SUCCESS: The Falcons have won the past four meetings over the Eagles by an average of 20.8 points, which included a 40-point blowout two seasons ago. Prior to that Edgewood won a pair of games after Concordia Wisconsin won five-straight games.
• SCOUTING EDGEWOOD: The Eagles had a great start to the NACC schedule, defeating the preseason favorite Aurora before dropping their game on Tuesday at Rockford. Their highest point output is 70 in their last contest and are the lowest scoring team in the league. Edgewood, on the other hand, is the second-ranked defensive team allowing 71.4 points per game. Travis Kell leads seven players scoring between 5.0 and 9.0 points per game.