MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin shot a blistering 62.1 percent from the field en route to a 101-86 home-opening non-conference victory over Loras on Tuesday night. The Falcons had six players score in double-figures and were led by Dane Fronek with a career-high 16 points.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 101, Loras 86
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 1-2, Loras 2-1
QUOTING ANDREW FRATZKE
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin did all the right things in front of its home crowd – shot the ball well, limited the turnovers and balanced the scoring load – to score in the triple digits for the first time this season.
- The Falcons ended with the fifth-highest field goal percentage in a game in program history on 41-of-66 from the floor. They also committed just nine turnovers and the bench added 40 points, with a career-high 16 coming from sophomore Dane Fronek (Wausau, Wis.).
- It was never really close in the second half, as the Falcons pushed a six-point halftime lead to 17 with six minutes having wound off the clock into the second half. The lead ballooned to 20 points with 10:21 remaining in the game.
- Loras did get within eight points, 89-81, with 2:24 to play in the game, however, Concordia Wisconsin answered by limiting its visitors to just one field goal attempt down the stretch.
- Junior Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) had 15 points and eight rebounds, while junior Noah Gosse (Green Bay, Wis.) scored 14 points off the bench in 15 minutes.
- Sophomore Isaiah Tenette (Sacramento, Calif.) ended with 13 points, six assists, four rebounds and two steals. Juniors Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) and Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) each netted 12 points.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Concordia Wisconsin scored 60 points in the pains and had 18 points on the fast break.
- Loras pounded the boards and grabbed 23 offensive rebounds, but converted those opportunities into just 11 second-chance points.
- Josh Ruggles scored a game-high 27 points to go along with eight rebounds, while Ryan Cicanio added 22 points and five rebounds.
- Rowan McGowen added 13 points and six rebounds, and Jake Toman grabbed nine rebounds.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Lakeland for a Saturday 2 pm tipoff, which will be the NACC-opener for both teams.