MEQUON, Wis. – Lakeland has always been a scrappy team against Concordia Wisconsin and Thursday night it was more of the same, as the Falcons held off the Muskies for an 87-76 victory inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 87, Lakeland 76
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 15-9, 13-6 NACC; Lakeland 8-16, 6-13 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin gradually pulled in front by 20 points after compiling a 28-10 scoring run over a nearly nine-minute stretch in the opening half, however, Lakeland regrouped on got to within 11 points by halftime.
- The Muskies continued to cut away at their deficit and was three points down with 12:49 to play in the game. The Falcons three seniors on the court put the team back on track and directed the team to a double-figure victory.
- Concordia Wisconsin did most of its damage in the paint with 54 points and also held a 19-2 advantage in bench production.
- Sophomores Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) had 20 points, including 17 in the first half (three 3-pointers), while sophomore Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) scored a career-high 20 points on 9-of-13 shooting.
- Senior Eric Kittel (Brillion, Wis.) finished with 17 points, nine assists, four rebounds and three steals in 40 minutes of action. Seniors Montrell Hobbs (Milwaukee, Wis.) and Jared Gosse (Green Bay, Wis.) added eight and five points, respectively, off the bench.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- It was the second of three games this week and the end of a three-game homestand.
- There were just 16 combined free throw attempts and 23 fouls called.
- Concordia Wisconsin set the program's single-season record for assists (435).
- Pat McDonald led all players with 22 points on 8-of-14 shooting, including three 3-pointers, while Brandon James had 20 points and three steals.
- Joshuan McNeal posted 16 points, nine rebounds and two steals; while Mark Gryszkiewicz tallied 10 points and five rebounds.
- Kittel is now 39 points shy of setting the program's all-time scoring record of 1,490 points.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons conclude the regular season with a 4:15 pm tipoff at Concordia Chicago on Saturday.