MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin hosts Edgewood in a Valentine's Day matchup at 7 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House. The Falcons need to win out to obtain the No. 3 seed in the NACC Tournament.
Who: Edgewood 5-18, 5-13 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 13-9, 11-6 NACC
Where: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
When: Tuesday, February 14 (7 pm)
Live Coverage: Live video click here or live statistics (also includes live video) click here
DIGITAL GAME PROGRAM
- Fans can access the digital program for Saturday's game by clicking here. Printed programs are also available on a limited quantity basis at the game for $2 each.
- NACC THIRD SEED ON THE LINE: Concordia Wisconsin had a chance to clinch the No. 2 seed this past Saturday, but a loss to Aurora spoiled that opportunity and now the Falcons must work at obtaining the No. 3 seed. The easiest way to accomplish this task is to win out.
- KITTEL GETTING CLOSER: Eric Kittel is getting closer and closer, and needs 73 points to become the program's all-time scorer record and pass Frank Yinko who has 1,490 points. The senior guard has to average 18.3 points over the next four games and if the Falcons advance to at least the NACC Tournament semifinals, the projected scoring average drops to 14.6 per contest. Whether he breaks the record or not, his career has been one for the record books.
- VALENTINE'S DAY LOVE: The day of love has favored well for the Falcons, posting a 3-1 record in recent memory. After losing in 2005, they have captured the hearts of the fans with three-straight wins. Concordia Wisconsin last broke the hearts of its opponent in 2012 with a 69-66 victory over Tuesday's foe -- Edgewood.
- CLOSING POSITIVITY: During head coach Shawn Cassidy's tenure the Falcons have performed well in NACC games down the stretch. They have put together a 32-13 record in league games over the second month of the calendar year. Concordia Wisconsin has posted a 6-1 record in February three times before during the Cassidy era.
- MUST FIND A WAY TO WIN: The Falcons have cruised in games decided by 10+ points with an 8-4 record, but have struggled in close contests recording a 5-5 record. Their last two losses have been decided by three points or less.