MILWAUKEE, Wis. – The winning streak was extended to four games in a row for Concordia Wisconsin on Tuesday night, as they defeated MSOE, 83-74, inside the Kern Center. The win moves the Falcons into third place in the NACC standings.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 83, MSOE 74
Location: Kern Center (Milwaukee, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 9-6, 8-4 NACC; MSOE 7-7, 6-4 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Josh Hau's run of scoring continues to be the shining light for the Falcons, as the guard tallied 28 points, while Eric Kittel broke out of a 'scoring slump' with 26 points on an efficient 11-of-16 from the field. The duo's offensive production also amounted for a combined 28 points in the second half.
- Concordia Wisconsin put the game out of reach with a 17-5 scoring run in just over five minutes of action and the scoring was done evenly by a quadrant of players. As well, a pleasant 58.3 percent from the floor was much better than MSOE's 36.1 percent over the final 20 minutes of play.
- The Falcons defense rose to the occasion around the arc in the second half, holding the Raiders to 0-of-11 from long range. Overall, MSOE shot 29.2 percent (7-of-24) from 3-point land, but did commit three fewer turnovers than its visitors (15-12).
- Hau (sophomore, Slinger, Wis.) was 8-of-17 from the field, including 9-of-9 at the free throw line, while pulling down a career-high nine rebounds.
- Kittel (senior, Brillion, Wis.) also had a career-best nine assists, to go along with five rebounds and three steals in a complete-game 40-minute effort.
- Concordia Wisconsin finished the game shooting 52.6 percent, which is the second-highest percentage this season. They also made 14-of-15 free throws (93.3 percent).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Concordia Wisconsin's victory also snapped MSOE's five-game winning streak.
- During the Falcons recent four-game winning streak, they shot 47.5 percent from the floor, and assisted on 74-of-122 field goals made.
- Hau becomes the fifth player and the seventh time a Falcon has made all of their free throws in a game (minimum eight attempts). He has also scored 102 points in the last four games (25.5 per game).
- Kittel's nine assists are tied for the eighth most in a game in program history.
- The Falcons 93.3 percent at the charity stripe is the sixth highest percentage in a game in program history.
- Collin Seubert led the Raiders with 26 points on 9-of-20 shooting, including 4-of-12 from downtown. He also had seven rebounds and two assists, but did turn the ball over six times.
- Jason Palesse and Dylan Sommerfeld added 13 and 11 points apiece, respectively.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Rockford on Saturday for a 4:15 pm NACC matchup.