MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin struggled offensively on Wednesday night during a 65-54 loss to MSOE during NACC play inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: MSOE 65, Concordia Wisconsin 54
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: MSOE 5-6, 4-3 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 5-6, 4-5 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin shot a season-low 35.9 percent from the field and was a dismal 1-of-13 from outside the 3-point arc. They never got closer than seven points during the final 14 minutes of play.
- The Falcons did win the rebounding battle, 43-37, and grabbed 10 offensive rebounds and scored 10 points off those opportunities. However, the Raiders committed just eight turnovers and scored 13 points off turnovers.
- Junior Josh Erickson (Manitowoc, Wis.) led the hosts with 13 points and grabbed seven rebounds. Senior Eric Kittel (Brillion, Wis.) recorded 12 points.
- MSOE didn't shoot an overwhelming percentage (41.5), but its ability to control the ball ended up being the difference.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The loss is the fifth in the row for the Falcons.
- Collin Seubert led all players with 17 points, to go along with eight rebounds, three assists and three steals.
- Matthew Kirmse had 16 points, while Tegan Miles added 12 points and eight rebounds.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin next plays on Tuesday at Edgewood.