MEQUON, Wis. – Zach Wallace had career game with 36 points to help winless Rockford stun Concordia Wisconsin, 88-82, on Tuesday evening inside the R. John Buuck Field House. The Falcons trailed for nearly 37 minutes and couldn't hold a one-point lead with over a minute to play.
Final Score: Rockford 88, Concordia Wisconsin 82
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Rockford 1-6, 1-3 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 5-2, 4-1 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons had a timely 12-6 scoring run over a five minute and 15-second span to turn a seven-point deficit into a one-point cushion with 1:28 remaining in the game. However, the Regents end the contest on a 7-0 run to pull out a shocking victory.
- Credit does go to Rockford, as they shot 55.9 percent for the game and were above the 60 percent plateau for much of the night. Zach Wallace was a huge reach for the visitors win, as he had a career game with 36 points (16-of-20 shooting), 13 rebounds and six blocks.
- The Falcons shot a decent 34.4 percent (11-of-32) from downtown, but were unable to slow the Regents when they needed it the most.
- Sophomore Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) led Concordia Wisconsin with 16 points, including three 3-pointers. Sophomore Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) had 14 points, nine rebounds and two blocks.
- Junior Josh Erickson (Manitowoc, Wis.) and sophomore Noah Gosse (Green Bay, Wis.) each had 13 points. Gosse's scoring output was a career best, as were his two steals.
- Senior Eric Kittel (Brillion, Wis.) recorded 11 points, five assists, three rebounds and three steals.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The loss snaps a four-game winning streak for the Falcons and a streak of nine in a row during home regular season games.
- Ben Weber added 13 points (three 3-pointers) and nine assists, while Kivontay Shaw and Arthell Rosquist each had 12 points.
- Jacob Siewert finished with 11 points, five rebounds and three assists.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns to the road for a four-game swing starting this Saturday at Aurora. Tipoff is scheduled for 4:15 pm.