SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - Senior Eric Kittel scored 15 points and sophomore Jake Jurss added 14 on 3-6 from 3-point range in a 100-65 loss at Division II Sioux Falls Saturday night. The Cougars were impressive offensively, shooting 61.9 percent from the floor.
- Final Score: Sioux Falls 100, Concordia Wisconsin 65
- Location: Stewart Center – Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 1-1; Sioux Falls 2-2
QUOTING SHAWN CASSIDY
"Our guys competed tonight and that's all you can ask for. To come out of halftime the way we did shows a lot about our team. We've played some tough competition to begin the year and with a young team that's only going to help us moving forward."
HOW IT HAPPENED
-Three-point fields goals by Jake Jurss and Josh Erickson put the Falcons up 8-4 three minutes into the game before Sioux Falls went on a 24-0 run over the next five minutes to build a 28-8 advantage.
- After breaking even over the final 10 minutes of the first half, CUW came out firing and began the second half on a 12-4 run.
-Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) and Kittel (Brillion, Wis.) led the way with four rebounds apiece.
-In all, 10 Falcons scored including the first bucket of the season for Noah Lemke.
- CUW shot 37.5 percent (9-for-24) from 3-point range on Saturday. Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) and Kittel each hit three from downtown, while junior Josh Erickson (Manitowoc, Wis.) added a make from long range.
- Rebounding proved to be a big difference as the Cougars pulled down 44 boards compared to the Falcons 21.
-Daniel Hurtt led the way with 31 points while four others scored in double figures for the Cougars. Hurtt added 10 rebounds for the double-double.
-CUW begins conference play Tuesday at home in Coaches vs Cancer night action against Marian University beginning at 7 p.m.