MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia University Wisconsin got off to a hot start and never looked back against Concordia Chicago as they put on a hot shooting display to come away with a 127-80 win over the Cougars on Senior Day.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 127, Concordia Chicago 80
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 16-9 (14-6 NACC), Concordia Chicago 6-19 (5-15 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior DeShaun Robinson (Oak Creek, Wis.) propelled a high scoring first half for the Falcons as he scored 16 points in the first 20 minutes of play, while only missing one shot, to give CUW a commanding 74-35 halftime lead.
- The Falcons shot an outstanding 79.4 percent (27-of-34) from the field in the first half while making nine 3-pointers. Robinson and fellow senior Trevor Krizenesky (Brillion, Wis.) each drained a pair of triples.
- Defensively CUW held the Cougars to 37.1 percent (13-of-35) shooting from the field in the first half, while forcing 11 turnovers and stealing nine passes.
- Coming out of the locker room, CUW continued to build upon their already impressive lead as they put the Cougars down by 56 points eight minutes into the second half.
- Senior Keith Kahlfeldt (New Berlin, Wis.) led a very balanced second half scoring attack draining all three of his 3-point attempts. Junior Eric Kittel (Brillion, Wis.) also had a hot shooting second half as he shot perfect from the field.
- Robinson and Kittel were two of four Falcons to reach double digits as they each finished with 16 points, while Kahlfeldt added 14 and freshman Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) finished with 11.
- CUW finished the game shooting 61.3 percent (46-of-75) from the field and 60.7 percent (17-of-28) from 3-point range, both season highs for the team. They out-rebounded the Cougars 53 to 27 and forced 18 turnovers and stole 15 passes.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The 127 points by the Falcons sets a new single game record for the program. They topped their previous record of 120 points they scored last weekend at Aurora. CUW also tied the single game record for 3-pointers made with 17.
- All 17 players that suited up for the Falcons reached the scoring column in the win.
- Freshman Jose Alicia (Seymour, Wis.) scored his first career collegiate points.
- Freshmen Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) and Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) each scored career-highs with nine and eight points, respectively.
- Concordia Chicago was led by Mike Walmer who scored 15 points.
- DeAires Blackwell finished with 14 points and seven rebounds for the Cougars, while Israel Dosie and Jorge Palacios each added 11.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons will return to action Wednesday, Feb. 24 as they begin NACC tournament play to take on MSOE inside the R. John Buuck Field House. Tip-off is set for 7 pm.
March 4, 2016 Kittel, Kahlfeldt named to All-NACC teams
March 2, 2016 #CUWStatsInfo: Men’s Basketball year in review
February 24, 2016 Men’s Basketball season ends in first round of NACC Tourney
February 20, 2016 Falcons soar past Cougars on Senior Day
February 17, 2016 Kittel nets 26, Falcons narrowly escape Edgewood
February 16, 2016 Kahlfeldt named NACC Player of the Week
February 9, 2016 Krizenesky nets 21, Falcons clinch NACC Tournament berth
February 8, 2016 Robinson's experience helping Falcons on and off the court
February 3, 2016 Krizenesky's game winner leads Falcons past Marian
January 30, 2016 Falcons buzzer-beater rims out in CIT Championship game
January 29, 2016 Krizenesky's career-high 23 leads Falcons to CIT Championship game
January 26, 2016 Hot shooting first half lifts Falcons past Lakeland
January 23, 2016 Edwards career day leads Falcons to victory over Regents
January 22, 2016 Gosse brothers playing together for the first time
January 20, 2016 Prinsen leads balanced Falcons attack over MSOE
January 19, 2016 #CUWStatsInfo: Kahlfeldt's path to 1,000 career points
January 16, 2016 Late run pushes No. 5 Benedictine past cold shooting Falcons
January 14, 2016 Men's Basketball suffers buzzer-beating loss at Wisconsin Lutheran
January 12, 2016 Men’s Basketball soars past Edgewood in conference matchup
January 6, 2016 Falcons fall to MSOE in final seconds
January 2, 2016 Falcons get off to quick start, but fall to No. 7 Benedictine
December 22, 2015 Kittel, Erickson lead Men’s Basketball past Randolph in San Juan
December 21, 2015 Falcons come up short in intense game against Salisbury in San Juan
December 16, 2015 Mitchell’s determination a key piece to the Falcon’s success
December 15, 2015 Kittel captures NACC Player of the Week honors
December 12, 2015 Men's Basketball falls to Aurora in a high intensity game
December 9, 2015 Kahlfeldt’s season-high 31 points leads Falcons over Rockford
December 5, 2015 Men’s Basketball bounces back at Dominican
December 1, 2015 Men’s Basketball falls in a nail-biter to Lakeland
November 28, 2015 Kahlfeldt and Kittel lead Men’s Basketball to NACC win over Marian
November 24, 2015 Men’s Basketball falls on the road to UW-Eau Claire
November 17, 2015 Kittel earns NACC Player of the Week honors
November 17, 2015 Mitchell leads balanced scoring attack to top Stars
November 14, 2015 Kittel's career-high 30 points leads CUW to season opening win
November 12, 2015 #CUWStatsInfo: Falcons prepared to defend their NACC title
October 29, 2015 Falcons selected to win NACC in preseason poll