MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Field Hockey team suffered its first setback of the 2017 season with a 4-0 loss against Centre Saturday. The Colonels scored two goals in each half to down the Falcons.
- Final Score: Centre 4, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: Tomasini Stadium – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: Centre 4-1; Concordia Wisconsin 2-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Centre was in control throughout, finishing the contest with a 23-7 edge in shots. The Falcons Kennedy Boyer (Saline, Mich.) was tested throughout and she responded with an 11-save effort.
- Hayley Barker put the Colonels on the board in the 21st minute on a penalty shot goal. Barker finished with two goals in the game and now has six on the season.
- Olivia Carter added the second goal exactly seven minutes later for a 2-0 halftime lead for Centre. The Falcons tallied four shots in the first half compared to 11 for the Colonels.
- Barker scored the first goal of the second half for Centre and Brooklyn Bell made the final 4-0 with a score in the final six minutes of action.
- Kelsey Fulton (Sussex, Wis.) fired three shots to pace the Falcons offense, while Sam Dunn (Hartland, Wis.) had two.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- This was the Falcons first-ever home loss in program history. CUW went 1-0 at home last season and played its first two at home this season. Saturday's contest was the last home game for the Falcons this season as they will play the next 10 away from home.
- CUW visits both Hendrix and Rhodes next weekend for its first two conference games. The Falcons will face Hendrix Saturday at 11 a.m. and Rhodes on Sunday at noon.