MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Field Hockey team remained perfect at home with a 4-0 win over Oberlin Sunday at Tomasini Stadium. The Falcons, who have played three home contests over the past four seasons, have yet to allow a goal at home in the history of their program.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 4, Oberlin 0
- Location: Tomasini Stadium – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 2-0; Oberlin 1-1
SAMANTHA LANDIS POSTGAME
HOW IT HAPPENED
- CUW struck 1:31 into play when Rachel Larson (Fenton, Mo.) scored off an assist by Kelsey Fulton (Sussex, Wis.). Fulton fired a shot, which was saved by Oberlin, but Larson was in the perfect position for a rebound, making the score 1-0.
- The Falcons would add two more scores before the half, each from freshmen. First, Ciara Bond (Maplewood, Minn.) tallied her second goal of the season off a great pass from Larson. Later, Nina Orlando (Oconomowoc, Wis.) scored off a Bond assist.
- The final tally of the game was the fourth goal of the season from Fulton. The sophomore sprinted past the defense and fired midway through the second half, giving CUW a 4-0 edge.
- Kennedy Boyer (Saline, Mich.) kept her season perfect with another shutout for the Falcons. Boyer made just two saves, both in the second half, including one in the final seconds. CUW outshot Oberlin 25-6, including a 17-2 edge in shots on goal.
- Kennedy Kline made 13 saves for the Yeowomen.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Sunday's game was the first home game for the Falcons which they did not face Lindenwood Belleville. CUW is 3-0 at home all-time now and has outscored its opponents 15-0.
- The Falcons will play their third and final home contest of the season in two weeks when they host Centre at Tomasini Stadium. The contest on Saturday, September 16 is set for a noon start.