OBERLIN, Ohio – Kelsey Fulton scored both goals as the Concordia University Wisconsin Field Hockey team closed its inaugural season in winning fashion Sunday at Oberlin. Fulton netted a goal in each half, helping the Falcons to a 2-0 win.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 2, Oberlin 0
- Location: Oberlin, Ohio
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 6-12; Oberlin 1-17
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Fulton (Sussex, Wis.) struck just over nine minutes into the game on a redirected goal. Freshman Sophia Kottmer (Virginia Beach, Va.) shot from the top of the arch and Fulton was there for the deflection, her eighth goal of the season.
- The second score came in the 45th minute, another redirection. This one came off a shot from freshman Isabelle Bilton (Burlington, Ontario) giving the Falcons a nice two-goal cushion.
- Freshman Kennedy Boyer (Saline, Mich.) recorded her second shutout of the season, making two saves in the win. CUW finished with a 9-7 edge in shots on Sunday. Maggie Gossiaux stopped four shots for Oberlin.
- Fulton finished with a game-best five shots, four of those on goal. Senior Rachel Scholz (Cedarburg, Wis.) added two shots.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- It was a successful first season for the Falcons as the program won six games, including posting four shutout wins. The Falcons have definitely built a nice foundation for the future.