ST CHARLES, Mo. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Field Hockey team battled Division II Lindenwood on Friday but ultimately fell 4-0 in a road contest. Lindenwood scored three times after halftime for the four-goal win.
- Final Score: Lindenwood 4, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: Hunter Stadium – St. Charles, Missouri
- Records: Lindenwood 13-3; Concordia Wisconsin 5-12
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Tara Robben scored the first two goals of the contest for Lindenwood, her 16th and 17th scores of the season. Her first came in the 23rd minute, while her second was just 5:20 into halftime.
- Noor Fons made the score 3-0 for the host Lions, while Shelby Easley netted the game's final goal with 2:43 to play.
- The Falcons were outshot 40-1 on Friday, but received outstanding goalie play. Freshman Kennedy Boyer (Saline, Mich.) stopped 13 shots, while CUW also had three team saves, helping keep the score close throughout.
- Freshman Kelsey Fulton (Sussex, Wis.) tallied the lone shot for the Falcons in the contest.
- The Falcons will close their inaugural season with a road match Sunday against Oberlin. The contest is set for a 1 p.m. eastern start.