LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Concordia University Field Hockey team visited Transylvania for the second time in two weeks Saturday. Unfortunately for the Falcons, the result was the same as the last time CUW took on Transylvania, a setback for CUW. This time around, the Pioneers scored three times in the first half, resulting in a 5-1 loss for the Falcons.
- Final Score: Transylvania 5, Concordia Wisconsin 1
- Location: Pat Deacon Stadium – Lexington, Kentucky
- Records: Transylvania 5-9; Concordia Wisconsin 5-11
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Taylor Insley of the host Pioneers scored two times in the opening half, helping her team build a 3-0 lead. Insley had the opening goal in the 16th minute and would make the score 3-0 with just three seconds left in the first half. The other Pioneers score came off the stick of Jessie Wilson and was assisted by Emma Uhls.
- Transylvania built the lead to 4-0 before the Falcons got on the board exactly 13 minutes into the second half. It was senior Rachel Scholz (Cedarburg, Wis.) who scored her team-leading eighth goal of the season for the Falcons.
- CUW actually outshot the Pioneers 13-11 and was just edged in shots on goal, that count being 9-8 in favor of Transylvania.
- Freshman Kennedy Boyer (Saline, Mich.) made four saves for CUW Saturday. Her counterpart, Allyson Benz, stopped seven shots in picking up the win.
- The Falcons will close out their inaugural season next weekend with a pair of road games. CUW will visit Lindenwood Friday before closing out the 2016 campaign at Oberlin next Sunday.