DANVILLE, Ky. – Two early scores by host Centre was enough to keep the Concordia University Wisconsin Field Hockey team from securing a road victory Friday. The Falcons fell behind 2-0 in the opening 14 minutes and neither team would score the rest of the way, resulting in a 2-0 final.
- Final Score: Centre 2, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: South Campus Field – Danville, Kentucky
- Records: Centre 12-3, Concordia Wisconsin 5-10
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The host Colonels scores 2:44 into play Friday, taking an early one-goal lead. Hayley Barker netted the opening goal for Centre, her 15th of the season.
- Centre would add to its lead in the 14th minute on the 14th goal of the year by Brooklyn Bell. Nicole DeHerde assisted on the final score of the game.
- The rest of the contest saw good defense and quality goalie play by both teams. Freshman Kennedy Boyer (Saline, Mich.) finished the contest with 13 saves, seven in the opening half and six in a perfect second half.
- CUW was outshot 20-6 on Friday, including 11-2 in the opening half. Kirby Roberts and Kristen Mulcahy split time at goalie for Centre, each finishing with two saves.
- CUW will stay in Kentucky for a game tomorrow night against Transylvania in Lexington. The Falcons will be playing Transylvania for the second time this season, falling 1-0 in overtime two weeks ago. Tomorrow's game is set for a 6 p.m. eastern start.