MEQUON, Wis. – "History in the Making" is the slogan for the Concordia University Wisconsin Field Hockey program this season. The Falcons will have another historic event in their inaugural season Friday at Tomasini Stadium. CUW welcomes in Lindenwood Belleville for the program's first-ever home game.
- Who: Concordia Wisconsin (4-8) vs. Lindenwood Belleville (0-6)
- Where: Tomasini Stadium – Mequon, Wisconsin
- When: Friday, October 14 – 4 p.m.
- Live Coverage: CUWFalcons.com will provide live stats and video for Friday's contest. Links can be found on the Field Hockey schedule.
- The Falcons want as many fans as possible for the first-ever Field Hockey home match. It is the only chance this season to see CUW play at home, so don't miss out on the opportunity to watch the Falcons!
PLAY FOR LILLY
- The Field Hockey team is playing for Cross Country runner Lilly Johnson Friday. Johnson was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma last spring. Admission to the game will be free but fans are encouraged to donate and help Lilly in her fight.
DIGITAL GAME PROGRAM
- Fans can access the digital game program for Tuesday's match by clicking here. A limited number of programs will be available Friday.
- Click here for a story on CUW senior Rachel Scholz. Scholz discusses how she almost didn't play this season, and how she is happy she ultimately decided to join the Falcons.
- In their first season, the Falcons have seen some success, posting a 4-8 record entering Friday. The Falcons have wins over Lindenwood Belleville, Eastern Mennonite, Hendrix, and Ohio Wesleyan.
- The Falcons will honor their four seniors Friday, who have played an important role in helping the program get started. Rachel Scholz, Kaitlyn Wenzel, Brandi Muller and Paige Cowgill represent the senior class.
- As is usual with a first-year program, the Falcons are comprised of mostly freshman. Eleven of the Falcons 19 players are freshmen, several making a strong impact in year one.
- CUW defeated Lindenwood Belleville 9-0 for the team's first-ever win back on September 4. The nine goals were a season-best effort for CUW.