LEXINGTON, Ky. – Transylvania scored 5:40 into overtime, resulting in a 1-0 setback for the Concordia University Wisconsin Field Hockey team Sunday. Caroline Patrick tallied the game-winner for the host Pioneers.
- Final Score: Transylvania 1, Concordia Wisconsin 0 (F/OT)
- Location: Pat Deacon Stadium – Lexington, Kentucky
- Records: Transylvania 4-7, Concordia Wisconsin 3-8
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Patrick got the lone goal of the game 5:40 into overtime, breaking the scoreless tie and handing the Falcons the heartbreaking defeat. It was the first overtime contest of the season for the Falcons.
- CUW held a slight 7-6 edge in shots, five of those coming in the second half. The Falcons also got one shot in overtime and Transylvania scored on its only shot of the extra session.
- Kennedy Boyer (Saline, Mich.) made one save for the Falcons Sunday. Her counterpart, Allyson Benz, stopped both shots she faced, finishing with two saves.
- The Falcons will finally play their first-ever home game on Friday, welcoming Lindenwood Belleville to Tomasini Stadium. The game is set for a 4 p.m. start. Check CUWFalcons.com this week for more information on the Falcons home game.