MEMPHIS – The Concordia University Wisconsin Field Hockey fell in a matchup at Rhodes on Sunday. The Lynx scored three times in the first half and added four after the break for a 7-0 decision over the Falcons.
- Final Score: Rhodes 7, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: Mason Field – Memphis, Tennessee
- Records: Rhodes 8-1; Concordia Wisconsin 2-6
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lynx scored twice in a two-minute span, the first of those coming exactly 11 minutes into play. That helped Rhodes build a 2-0 lead.
- Rhodes would score with 21 seconds remaining in the half to go up 3-0. The goal came from Hailey Mules, who added a late second-half goal, pacing the Lynx with two goals.
- The Falcons couldn't muster many chances on Sunday, being outshot 30-6. Senior Rachel Scholz (Cedarburg, Wis.) paced CUW with two shots.
- Freshman Alyssa Palmer (La Verne, Calif.) made 14 saves. Rhodes split time with its goalies, as Laura Echelkamp (7-1) and Nina Migneco each made two saves.
- The Falcons will return to action next Friday when they visit DePauw. The contest is set for a 7 p.m. eastern start.