HOUGHTON, N.Y. – After a scoreless first half, the Concordia University Field Hockey team was outscored 3-1 over the second 35 minutes, falling to Houghton College Friday afternoon.
- Final Score: Houghton 3, Concordia Wisconsin 1
- Location: Burke Field – Houghton, New York
- Records: Houghton 3-2; Concordia Wisconsin 0-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first half was a defensive one with the teams combining for just two shots, one each way. The Highlanders shot was on goal, but stopped by CUW goalie, Alyssa Palmer (La Verne, Calif.).
- The Highlanders scored three straight times in the second half, the first coming under five minutes into the stanza. Samantha Hirsch had the opening score, while Tanya Hatton struck under six minutes later for Houghton.
- The home team built a 3-0 lead on a goal from Katelyn Cook in the 62nd minute.
- The Falcons would get on the board with 1:12 remaining as senior Rachel Scholz (Cedarburg, Wis.) scored for the third straight game.
- Palmer tallied eight saves for the Falcons, who were outshot 14-8 in the contest. The matchup featured a total of 93 fouls, 43 of those whistled on Concordia Wisconsin.
- The Falcons will play twice more this weekend starting with a matchup at Denison tomorrow morning. Play is set to start at 10 a.m. central time.