SPRINGFIELD, Ohio – A five-goal first half from host Wittenberg University was too much for the Concordia University Wisconsin Field Hockey team to overcome as the Falcons fell by a 6-1 score Sunday morning.
- Final Score: Wittenberg 6, Concordia Wisconsin 1
- Location: Edwards-Maurer Field – Springfield, Ohio
- Records: Wittenberg 2-2; Concordia Wisconsin 0-3
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tigers put up five in the first half, two of those coming from Riley Trexler. Trexler would add a third in the second half to finish with the hat trick.
- Concordia Wisconsin got its lone goal in the 65th minute as senior Rachel Scholz (Cedarburg, Wis.) scored for the second consecutive day. Her goal was assisted by junior Caitlin Henry (Lansing, Ill.).
- Wittenberg had a 17-0 shots edge in the first half and finished the game with a 21-2 edge in shots.
- CUW freshman Kennedy Boyer (Saline, Mich.) finished with nine saves for the Falcons.
- The Falcons will be back on the road next weekend for three games from Friday through Sunday. The first of those will be at Houghton Friday, with the contest scheduled for a 4 p.m. central start.