WOOSTER, Ohio – After playing to a 1-1 score in the opening half, The College of Wooster pulled away from the Concordia University Wisconsin Field Hockey team with three second-half goals in a 4-1 contest Saturday.
Final Score: Wooster 4, Concordia Wisconsin 1
Location: John P. Papp Stadium – Wooster, Ohio
Records: Wooster 1-3, Concordia Wisconsin 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wooster took the lead 1-0 in the 17th minute on a goal from Kerry O'Connor. The Falcons would respond with exactly eight minutes to go in the first half, as senior Rachel Scholz (Cedarburg, Wis.) netted the equalizer.
- Wooster scored three times in the second half, the final two just 1:41 apart from one another, to gain the 4-1 victory. O'Connor had the final goal for Wooster, her second of the contest.
- Wooster held a 33-8 edge in shots, with the Falcons getting four shots in each half. Freshman Alyssa Palmer (La Verne, Calif.) finished the game with 21 saves for CUW.
- Scholz and freshman Sam Dunn (Sussex, Wis.) each totaled two shots to pace the Falcons attack.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons are 1-2 this season, however the contest against Lindenwood Belleville went down as an exhibition due to them not being an NCAA program. CUW won that matchup 9-0 last weekend.
- The Falcons will play Wittenberg tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. central time.