RICHMOND, Ind. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Field Hockey team competed well in the program's first-ever game Saturday at Earlham. Unfortunately for the Falcons, Earlham scored with just over 10 minutes remaining in regulation, defeating CUW 1-0.
- Final Score: Earlham 1, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: Darrell Beane Stadium – Richmond, Indiana
- Records: Earlham 1-0; Concordia Wisconsin 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons finished the contest with more shots, posting a 13-5 advantage. CUW had a 7-2 edge in the second half shots. CUW also had six shots on goal, but ran into a goalie, Camille van der Vaart, who was on her game Saturday.
- Megan Hut scored the Earlham goal, coming with 10:47 left in regulation. Her shot from the top of the strike circle was assisted by Sydney Barnes.
- Freshman Sam Dunn (Sussex, Wis.) paced the Falcons with four shots, two of those on goal. Rachel Scholz (Cedarburg, Wis.), Sophia Kottmer (Virginia Beach, Va.), Kelsey Fulton (Sussex, Wis.) and Isabelle Bilton (Burlington, Ontario) each tallied two shots.
- Freshman Kennedy Boyer (Saline, Mich.) got the start at goalie for the Falcons. She finished the contest with one save.
- The Falcons return to action tomorrow with a game at Lindenwood Belleville. Action is set to get underway at 11 a.m.