Rockford, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin traveled to Rockford, Ill. in a NACC matchup that featured two teams looking to gain momentum heading into the end of the season. The Falcons walked away with a 26-20 victory behind a 12-point fourth quarter.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 26, Rockford 20
Location: Sam Greeley Field (Rockford, Ill.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 2-6 (1-4 NACC), Rockford 1-6 (1-4 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin and the Rockford Regents were tied heading into the fourth quarter of Saturdays game. The Falcons took advantage of starting the fourth quarter off with the ball by going down the field and scoring on a 14-yard strike from Freshman Dalton Poole (Kewaskum, Wis.) to junior Ryan Wagner (Mukwonago, Wis.). CUW missed the extra point, but extend their lead to six-points making it 20-14.
- The Regents responded well with a 11 play 75-yard drive that was headed by LaVar Johnson Jr. who punched in the 1-yard hand off to finish off the drive. Thanks to a missed extra point the score remained tied 20-20.
- After the Rockford score Concordia Wisconsin was able to apply pressure by going 8 plays on 60-yards that ended in a sophomore Jake Riportella (Des Plaines, Ill.) touchdown after he caught a pass from Poole. It was a very balanced drive as the well as a clinching drive as the Regents couldn't respond and the Falcons sealed the victory on their next drive.
- Poole passed for 270 yards and three touchdowns as Jordan Edwards rushed for 141 yards and one touchdown. Ryan Wagner and Josh Sanders (Phoenix, Ariz.) combined for 203 yards receiving and two touchdowns.
- Junior Jon Rauh (Slinger, Wis.) had 12 total tackles while forcing one fumble and recovering two fumbles to go along with senior Albert Goerlitz (Withee, Wis.) who had 14 tackles and one forced fumble.
- Johnson Jr. rushed for 126 yards and two touchdowns and Chance Manning had 105 yards on the ground for the Regents.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will get matched up against Aurora on Saturday, November 4th.