MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Football team went on the road last week and picked up a 31-14 win at Finlandia. The Falcons will now play the 2016 home opener Saturday against Augsburg College.
- Who: Augsburg (0-1) at Concordia Wisconsin (1-0)
- Where: Tomasini Stadium – Mequon, Wis.
- When: Saturday, September 10 – 1:00 p.m.
- Live Coverage: Live video click here or live statistics (also includes video) click here
DIGITAL GAME PROGRAM
- - Fans can access the digital program for Saturday's game by clicking here. CUWFalcons.com switched last season to a digital program format. These can be accessed from this link, or by scanning a QR code at the match. Limited printed programs will be available at each game for $2.
NOTES TO CONSIDER
- The Falcons scored on their first four possessions at Finlandia and piled on 24 points in just over a quarter of play. They would add another game-sealing touchdown with 5:08 remaining in the game, when Joseph Federico connected with Danté Edwards for the third time in the end zone. Defensively, Richie Guess had 13 tackles (six solo), while the unit held the Lions to 6-of-15 on third-down conversions in the 31-14 win.
- Augsburg owns the series over the last six years, winning each contest by an average of 25.5 points. Last season, the Auggies took a 54-21 decision on their home turf after quarterback Ayrton Scott threw for 255 yards and two touchdowns, while also running for 11 yards and a score.
- Wide receiver Danté Edwards had a breakout game at Finlandia in the season opener for the Falcons. He hauled in career-bests of six receptions for 139 yards and three touchdowns. The senior will need to lead a group of wide receivers that features nine upperclassmen.
- Key matchup: The Falcons defense versus the Auggies offense. Last week Augsburg failed to score any points and Concordia Wisconsin limited Finlandia to just 14 points. One key to watch in the matchup is the turnover aspect, as the Falcons recovered one fumble and the Auggies threw two interceptions.
- At stake: A 2-0 start for CUW and a home-opening victory for the first time since a 2012 matchup against Trine (W, 13-10).