VERONA, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Baseball team concluded the regular season Saturday with a NACC doubleheader at Edgewood. The Falcons saw their 10-game NACC winning streak snapped as they were swept by Edgewood, 10-6 and 3-0.
- Final Scores: Edgewood 10, CUW 6; Edgewood 3, CUW 0
- Location: Stampfl Field – Verona, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 26-11, 15-5 NACC; Edgewood 21-17, 9-11 NACC
EDGEWOOD 10, CUW 6
- The Falcons trailed for most of the opener as Edgewood scored one run in each frame from the second through sixth innings, building a 5-2 lead. CUW took its only lead of the game in the top of the seventh with a four-run frame. Bryan Thomas (Lowell, Ind.) had a RBI double in the frame while Matt Luft (Oshkosh, Wis.) and Kyle Hilliard (Oak Forest, Ill.) each drove in runs with singles.
- Edgewood responded with a five-run bottom of the seventh, a frame that began with two walks. The Eagles also scored two runs on wild pitches in the five-run seventh.
- Luft and Hilliard each collected two hits to pace the Falcons offense in the opener. The Falcons used six pitchers in the game with Niko Kutsulis (Homer Glenn, Ill.) going down as the pitcher of record, despite facing only one batter.
- Edgewood received 2.2 shutout innings of relief from Steve Gavin who picked up his fourth win of the season. Tim Nunn and Jeff Tucker each tallied three hits for Edgewood. The Eagles finished with 14 hits in the game, all singles.
EDGEWOOD 3, CUW 0
- CUW was shut out for just the second time this season in game two, the other a 3-0 loss on the Arizona trip against Wesleyan. Adam Eck of Edgewood went the distance for his fourth win of the season, scattering seven hits and striking out five.
- Matthew Olig (Plymouth, Wis.) pitched well in defeat for the Falcons. Olig delivered seven strong, allowing two runs on five hits. He struck out two and walked a pair. Alex Prickett (Franklin, Wis.) worked the eighth inning for the Falcons.
- Edgewood scored runs in the fifth, sixth, and eighth innings for the 3-0 win. Nick Lehner hit a solo home run for the Eagles in the eighth.
- Kyle Washburn (Pleasant Prairie, Wis.) paced the Falcons by reaching base all three times. He collected two hits and walked once.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons already had a bye clinched coming into Saturday's doubleheader. They will be the No. 2 seed in the upcoming NACC Tournament at Kapco Park.
- Saturday marked the first time CUW had been swept in conference play this season.
- The Falcons will play at 4 p.m. Thursday in the NACC Tournament. CUW will take on the winner of the 10 a.m. game, which will feature the No. 3 and 6 seeds.